Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Back on 2013

What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?

I am sad to say that I don't believe I have experienced anything I haven't before. I'll have to give this some more thought.


Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


I do not remember a time where I made new year's resolutions and I won't be changing this in the upcoming year. I have goals, but I feel like making new year's resolutions is setting me up for failure. 


Did anyone close to you give birth?


Not this year.


Did anyone close to you die?


No, although the loss I went through in 2011 feels like it was this year, as if it just happened.


What countries did you visit?


None


What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013


More hope and motivation.


What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?


I am terrible with dates. There are things I've done that I will remember, but the dates upon which these things happened will remain fuzzy.


What was your biggest achievement of the year?


My biggest would probably be starting therapy for my depression and anxiety. 


What was your biggest failure?


Missing my second therapy appointment. I probably could have handled the situation a lot better than I did. 


Did you suffer illness or injury?


I continue to suffer from many mental illnesses.


What was the best thing you bought?


The best thing? My snaktebites. I love them so much. I feel like I'm a little closer to being the person I want to be.


Whose behavior merited celebration?


This is a tough one. I think maybe my mom's.


Whose behavior made you appalled?


There are several people, but I won't name names. I only hope that in 2014 they learn a little from their mistakes.


Where did most of your money go?


Most of my money was either spent on hair dye or books. I tried really hard not to spend too much this year.


What did you get really, really, really excited about?


My sister moving back home. I knew I'd finally have someone to spend time with. 


What song will always remind you of 2013?


Something by Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheeran, or Fall Out Boy.


Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?


I would say happier. Not by a whole lot, but at least a little.


What do you wish you’d done more of?


Spent more time outside.


What do you wish you’d done less of?


I wish I had spent a lot less time in bed.


How did you spend Christmas?


Christmas eve was spent with my mom's side of the family as usual. I think it was probably the best Christmas I've had in the past couple years. Christmas day my immediate family spent the morning together and then we went to visit my grandpa and spent some time with my dad's side of the family.


Did you fall in love in 2013?


Thankfully no I didn't. I am still a long ways from being ready for a relationship.


What was your favorite TV program?


The Walking Dead!


Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


No. There's no one I dislike now that I didn't this time last year.


What was the best book you read?


I really liked the Hunger Games, Looking for Alaska and The Fault in our Stars.


What was your greatest musical discovery?


Ed Sheeran and Imagine Dragons. I absolutely love them.


What did you want and get?


More than anything I wanted to find some hope and I got just that.


What did you want and not get?


I would've liked to be able to take a vacation. Perhaps next year?


What was your favorite film of this year?


Tough one. I could not even begin to pick one!


What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?


My sister living back in Bird City.


How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?


Whatever I grabbed out of my closet. I always wore a t-shirt and shorts.


What kept you sane?


I'm probably wearing this answer out, but my sister. I cannot stress enough how much having her home has helped me.


Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?


Gavin Free maybe?


What political issue stirred you the most?


Too many. I try to stay out of big debates.


Who did you miss?


My friend, Michael and my brother in law Spencer.


Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.


Small victories eventually lead to big victories. Never downplay what you accomplish.


Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.


They say it's what you make, I say it's up to fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment